Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Map of Me



I have heard fitness compared to a journey time and time again. It is full of both good times and bad and it is guaranteed that, at some point, you will want to give up. Since I have focused on getting fit since last January, to say this is a "journey" makes it sound easy for some reason. It's more like an epic tale of adventures.

To start, I should explain some of the goals I set out to accomplish starting January 1. I am always an advocate of writing things down that I am serious about accomplishing and I wrote down these goals among others:
  • Lose 15lbs by May 8th [completed!]
  • Run a half marathon this year 2014 [completed!]
Along with these, I have also set 2 additional long term goals:
  • Compete in a figure/fitness modeling competition within a 2 year time frame
  • Become a certified personal trainer within a 5 year time frame
Now, some of my goals are lofty and others are seemingly much more attainable. But, man, has it been an epic adventure thus far and I know it's only going to get more and more intense. I feel like I'm looking over a large map of my life with Mount Everest at the end. Some trails are familiar and well traversed, and other roads lead to unknown, uncharted areas. It's like learning the parts of myself, finding out what I'm capable of, and pushing myself to try new things. Sure, there are days when I need a break or just don't feel like continuing, but the greater goal is so important to me. I want to do this--and I have to keep reminding myself that it is all going to be so worth it in the end.

When the day comes that I step onto that figure stage...hair and makeup all done, abs exposed, and I'm all fake-tanned to an unnatural orangish color..I know I will have discovered so many uncharted aspects of myself and climbed my own "Mount Everest".

I am so ready for my epic adventure.
Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."

What is your Mount Everest?

No comments:

Post a Comment