Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Watch & Learn


This past weekend I got to experience my first NPC Muscle City Classic Competition! It was awesome!

The mission in going was very simple; sit, watch, and learn. I got to see what the bikini competition setting was like and how the models posed, flirt with the judges, dressed, and strut their muscular stuff. It was so much fun watching these beautiful women take the stage and own it.

As mentioned in a previous post, one of my major goals in the next year and a half is to compete in a bikini competition. When arriving at the show, I was really worried I might feel totally discouraged when I saw these women compete, but I had quite the opposite reaction...I loved it! If anything, it got me more excited to shed those extra pounds, pick up those weights, and climb those never-ending stairmill steps.

Throughout the competition, my friend and swolemate, Lisa [@triforfit on insta], sat next to me and we discussed who we thought would win, who had the best abs and butt, and who's rhinestone covered suit we wanted to steal. We joked about buying a bedazzler and bedazzling everything...it still may happen. She and I both have the goal to set foot on stage and we got so hyped up going to this competition. One day, I'm sure we'll be geared up and fake-tanned all over, talking about the first show we watched. Can't wait for that day.

In all, it was a great experience. The competitors did such a nice job and it felt great being able to support them after they put in so much hard work. There is so much to learn from watching others and this was a great way for me to start learning the ins and outs of bikini competitions.

"Ninety per cent of how you learn is watching great people. When you are surrounded by good actors it lifts your performance." -Natalie Portman

What have you learned from watching those who inspire you?


No comments:

Post a Comment