Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Ending One Year To Start The Next

How time flies.

It has almost been a year since I fully committed myself to focusing on my health, body, and losing some weight. Last January, my new years resolution was to lose 15lbs by May, run my first half marathon, and begin a journey to becoming a bikini competitor [which has now become a more long term goal]. I never knew how much a year could truly change me. Not only did it physically change me, by mentally I have changed as well.


Physically, I have lost about 20lbs and consistently stick around the 134 mark. I started at 152lbs on my little 5'4" frame and, lemme tell you, 20lbs makes a big difference. I accomplished my goal of completing my first half marathon with a time of 2:29:13 with an average pace of 11:00 per mile, as well as my fastest 5k time of 26:56 with an average pace of 8:41 per mile. My longest bike ride to date [and I have never cycled before this year] is 32.25 miles and I can actually say I feel comfortable swimming laps in a pool.

Mentally, my priorities in life have shifted for the better. I actually know my body better than I have ever known it before, and I am so excited to learn even more about myself as time goes on. I am actually looking forward to 2015, setting new goals for myself, and excitedly awaiting the progress I look forward to making this next year. I am more educated about food and how the body processes it. I have filled my mind with books about successful athletes and nutritional facts. I have also actively worked on my body image and trying to see my body in a positive way. I am thankful every day for the body God has given me and how I can move it, stretch it, strengthen it, and watch it heal. It truly is an amazing thing.

So whats next?
More goals. More education. More Inspiration.

I want to push myself even further this year. I have already begun training for my first marathon [I have yet to sign up for the race, but it will be early summer around May] and I will also be signing up for my first sprint triathlon. [nervous about that one] Along with physical goals, I want to learn so much more about the health and fitness world. I want to read books, watch videos, join discussions, and start saving up for my personal trainer certification. More than anything, I want to inspire. There are so many people around me that need help or just motivation! I hope that through my Youtube videos [click here], my instagram posts [click here], or just through friendly chatting, I can help inspire those around me to live a healthier and happier life.

So here's to the next 365 days!! May they be epic.

"Set your goals high, and don't stop till you get there."
- Bo Jackson

What are your 2015 goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment